Registering for an NCID Account
Before you begin:
- In order to gain access to the system, users must establish a user ID and password with the North Carolina
Identity Management Service (NCID).
The NCID Service is the standard identity management and access service provided to State, local, business
citizen users by the State of North Carolina. NCID enables its customers to achieve an elevated degree of
security and access control to real time resources such as the online application.
Follow these steps to create your user NCID and Password:
Additional help is also available in Chapter
2: Creating your user login credentials.
Go to NCID Home Page: https://ncid.nc.gov/login/login.html
If you already have an NCID account, you do not need to create a new one. Please proceed
to Step 11 in the instructions below. If your account has been deactivated or locked
contact your organization's Administrator or the NCID help desk by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on First Time NCID User link
- Select the user type and click continue. If you are not a government employee,
please select business. If you are a government employee, please select which
branch, State or local. If you are self employed, please select individual.
Registering as a government employee requires that your registration be approved. Please contact your
security administrator after registering to see what additional steps may be necessary.
- The next screen will be auto-populated with United States as the country default. Click Next to
- Complete the personal information section, then click Next
- Next, the user will be prompted to establish a User ID and password. Click on the (User ID Help) or the
(Password Help) link for requirements. The challenge questions will be used to verify the user in the
event the password is forgotten. Each question can be changed by selecting the drop down box next to the
listed question. When complete, click 'Next'.
- The next screen will contain all of the personal user ID and password information entered on the
previous screens, for verification. If any information is incorrect, click on the Edit box to the right
of that section to make necessary corrections. When all information is correct, click Submit
- Once your registration is successfully processed, you will receive a confirmation, denoting your NCID
user ID. Remember, registering as a 'business' or 'individual' requires no approval from an
- To proceed, click Login. This will take you to the login homepage. Enter your user ID and password and
- The next task is to add your user to the "USP NCID application group". This will authenticate the user
to application and allow access. To accomplish this, click on the Work Dashboard tab after logging in.
- In the left hand side of the screen choose "Make a Process Request". This will invoke the Make a
process Request box.
- In the Make a process request window. Ensure Process Request Category is set to ALL and click
- Under the Process heading Choose Open Application Subscription
- Under Form Detail click the downward arrow next to Grant Application Access Role * and choose
DHHS--USP-USERS and click submit
- Once you have completed the steps above, please continue with
step 4 on the Getting Started Page.